Friday, September 17, 2010

And yet here we go again...

I was browsing my Facebook page for updates from friends when I came across a YouTube video of a classical music piece. I listened for a bit before wanting to listen to one of my favorite classical songs: Raindrop Prelude by Chopin. Many Halo fans might remember that this is the tune playing in the background of the epic diorama Halo 3 commercial. That just made me want to watch the commercial once more. It made my heart race in silence, a truly great feeling, until the commercial was over and anger resurfaced.

Boy, did Bungie really fuck up a potentially great storyline. They fragmented the story so much that it couldn't be followed with in-depth emotion and it made the entire thing just plain tired. That epic commercial once made me feel like Halo 3 was going to be the greatest piece that would fill in all of the exciting ideas of a war with alien encounters. Turns out it was junk.

And yet again, here comes Halo: Reach. Another disjointed segment of this tired story. I will admit, if Halo becomes a movie, it might be a great story. But as it's released in unorganized segments to video gamers everywhere, it's just unappealing garbage.

I am refusing to check in on the new update. I have enveloped myself in hatred of Bungie and don't really need to view the game to know it sucks. I know that as time goes on, all the 12-year olds' opinions will weigh true to change and will ultimately steer further augmentation and updates to the game. Pass. I'm just so glad that all the moronic players that I can't get away from on XBL are finally going to join their rightful co-moron demographic, playing Halo, once again.

Thank you, Bungie. I truly appreciate that one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck Bungie. How i ever put up with Halo 3 in the first place is baffling, and now im on my way to gamestop to sell back Halo Reach. I get banned from earning credits and quite honestly, im glad i did cuz now i see why everybody hates bungie and halo now. at least in cod if u were gonna cheat for 10th thats your own business, but why the fuck does bungie care if i got 20,000 credits illegitimately? I had over 220,000 credits, and so why do they not WARN ME FIRST and take away the 20,000 credits that i earned by what they call "farming" or "cheating" or whatever other bullshit words they use to describe it. I think im gonna go pick up a copy of dead rising 2, cuz at least they know how to put together a decent storyline, unlike halo. Halo's storyline is not good, and quite honestly, i never even paid attention to the storyline, i only played it for the achievements. you know you have a terrible storyline when i can't even bother to find out what it really even is. so bungie, the money i spent on your shitty games over the years, keep it. but i wont be spending any more money on the shit that you call "halo" and i hope that all the little 12 year olds that play and love this game drown in a swimming pool.
Sincerely,
C.W - New York

nboB said...

I have been re-posting this everyday for the last 3 days on bungie.net:

Let me start this reply off by saying THANKS BUNGIE! The only reason why I have been still playing Halo Reach after the day that I realized that it was a complete letdown/failure is; Credit exploitation through network manipulation, and If it werent for you resetting my credits/ rank I would still be playing your garbage game. So, I would like to thank-you Bungie for reuniting me with my favourite and far more superior game; Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 . Can you guess what Im going to do with my reach disc!? I have a whole list of things to do with this disc now that dont involve putting it in my Xbox and playing it. WANNA HEAR!? :D

-Hang it up in my locker and use the shiny side as a mirror.
-Use it as a Drink Coaster
-Use it as a Frisbee to play fetch with my dog Max
-Pay someone to take it from me.
-Throw it in the trash ( The saying; one mans garbage is another mans treasure does not apply here)
-Break it in half, draw degree measurements on both pieces and give them to elementary students as protractors
-Run the disc over with my car, reverse and run it over again.
-Melt the disc down into a liquid, mould the liquid into the shape of a plastic bottle, let dry, go to my local recycling plant and TRY to get a 10 cent bottle deposit.
-Attach a long handle to the disc to make it into an ore, so when all the icebergs melt and the world floods I will be able row myself around in my makeshift boat.
-Start a Hall of Infamy and showcase the disc in the worst game ever made section. (Note to self: I Will also have to make room for Halo 3: ODST)
-Hang it up on my Christmas tree, then Showcase my Christmas tree in the Hall of Infamy as the most horrendously decorated Christmas tree of all time.
-Sharpen the edges of the disc and slit my wrists with it for buying the game in the first place.
-Frame the disc for murder (wont be hard) try the disc in Texas and rejoice as the judge sentences it to the death penalty on the electric chair.
-Tie cinder blocks to the disc and sink it to the bottom of the Marianna trench.
-Shoot the disc in the face.
-Hang the disc.
-Bury the disc alive.
-Hog tie the disc on train tracks.
-Fly a plane into the disc
-Launch the disc into the sun.

Well, that concludes my list I hope you liked it Bungie :D. Please remove my account from bungie.net I have no use for it anymore because I will never play another bungie/halo game ever again. Thanks for nothing and PEACE OUT FOREVER -blam!-ES.
P.S. I dont imagine that this post will actually reach the fourms, and if for some miracle it does I hope I have inspired some people to do what is right and play another game

Anonymous said...

You don't have ANY actual reason for hating Halo, do you? You and all the other incompetent morons on the planet would prefer CoD. I get it. You know what? And I know. You're saying to youself reading this comment, "Oh, boy...". Fuck you. I'm saying it anyway. Here:
Five Reasons Why You Hate Halo:
1. CoD appeals to you better for some strange and stupid reason
2. Nobody likes you
3. You think that CoD is the #1 on the top games list, when in REALITY, it isn't (FAIL)
4. You'd rather prefer to play with "hardcore" or "good" players who think they're cool when they suck in reality
5. CoD+jacking off+kids = A "great" gameplay experience to YOU!

There you go. Hope you die and ROT IN HELL!
Hope you're soul gets crushed by douchebags and you lose all will to live!